Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Blog Post #11

Ms. Cassidy's 1st Graders

In the video, Dr. Strange and the EDM310 class of the 2010 school year, skyped and talked to Ms. Cassidy and her class blog. She discussed how she started out with a blog and how it came to be in her class. She said that one year her class acquired 5 laptops and she figured this was the starting point of the use of technology in her classroom. She then talked to her principal about a class blog for the children to write their own post and let people around the world see it. She said that she explained to them that they should always be nice and comment nice things, not to write their last names, and to not put pictures of themselves on their blog for privacy reasons. She took the attempt of technology to allow them to learn from others. She wanted them to realized that they can use technology to contact other classes or people to learn from them. She called a biologist to talk with kids on Skype. She wanted them to know that technology was their to learn more they could in the classroom. If I taught the younger children such as K-2 I would use the blogging to help them learn to spell and type sentences. I would allow them to play educational games to learn math, science, and other subjects. The one benefit I could see happening in my future for my kids would be the games on the internet. I believe it would make them more interested in learning because it would be fun and educational at the same time. (coin the phrase killing two birds with one stone)

1 comment:

  1. "The one benefit I could see happening in my future for my kids would be the games on the internet." The only benefit? Remarkable.

    Did you watch the video of the kids?



    ReplyDelete