Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post #14

CourseSmart E-Textbooks

In this blog, there is a new technology that is being explained and spread among teachers in schools at the collegiate level. It's is E-Textbooks. In these textbooks teachers can keep up with what students have read or what they haven't. This provides an oppurtunity for teachers to see certain study habits for students. The spread of this technology has been to eight different schools and is continuing to spread.
I think that this technology at a teachers point of view would be a great piece of technology. I would use it in a lot of different ways such as a grading tool to grade on what the children have read. I could use it to see who has been studying the required readings. This would also let me know why or why not a student is struggling.
My reaction to this new technology would probably make me as a student not want to read but have to read the text book to refrain from trouble with teachers. It would probably increase my study habits and reading habits. It would kind of force it on me but would be a good thing for students.
Well since I'm not a hundred percent sure what this technology has to do with helping or benefiting to students. I would ask the teacher what exactly does this technology do to students grades or how does it effect them. I see how it can help teachers to learn what the student is doing but how does it help the student.
If I were to ask the students anything, it would be about how this technology has effected them as students. I would also ask if it has caused problems with their class average. If I had to add to the comments on this article I would probably ask the question, "How does this technology effect students, I mean does it fail them if they don't read the book for the acquired course?" For years students have not read a book but passed classes with flying colors. Isn't this technology a waste of money?

No comments:

Post a Comment