Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blog Post #12

Creating My Own Blog Post Assignment for EDM310

For this week's blog post, I will be creating my own assignment for the EDM310 class. Dr. Strange has went over a ton of things for technology with us, but I think that he should've gave us an assignment for the subject of Math. In this assignment he should have told us to look up different types of technology or anything that would help teachers to teach their students math. If I were the student and I had to do this I would choose a game of some sort to help the kids have fun but learn at the same time. I would list webpages such as:

1. www.primarygames.com
2. www.abcya.com
3. www.cookie.com

Of course the level of education I am going to school to learn to teach for is elementary, so these sights would be perfect for games about math and they would have fun learning. Also if the children have Apple products there are tons of game that they could find and use to help their children learn.

There is technology for math also online. There are different sites that offer worksheets and tests for you to go by such as http://www.edzone.net/~mwestern/elemath.html. There are youtube videos such as "Teaching Mathematics with Technology"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ethan! I love this post because even though I am not a math major (I LOATHE math of all kinds, no offense), I do feel that there could be a few more posts or videos assigned to us that deal with the integration of technology in math lessons. I also like that you left links for us to check out the games and sites that you found. I would possibly get someone to proofread your posts before you publish them, just so that you do not make any little grammatical mistakes. Although they are easy to make, they can be avoided if we have a little help sometimes! :) Otherwise, it was a great post and I really enjoyed it. Good luck to you in the future, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is to a site that does not exist. There are no other links to check to see what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the significance of math. The Common Core Standards that are being adopted throughout the United States focuses on math skills and mastering the concepts. Colleges have reported that there are too many students needing to take remediation courses in order to perform. I feel that as many interactive math websites and hands on manipulatives in the early grades will be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete